Feed the Fishies =D

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

PANNA COTTA

Sorry been away for a while so I've neglected this for the past few days but here is a awesome recipe to make up for it. simple and delicious.

Panna Cotta
1 L pouring cream (35-36% fat content)
100g sugar
2 tsps of vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
4 1/2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
90ml cold water

Method

Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a medium-sized bowl and let stand 5 to 10 minutes.

Heat the cream and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. You're only warming it up to dissolve the sugar, don't overheat it.

(If using a vanilla bean, scrape the seeds from the bean into the cream and add the pod. Cover, and let infuse for 30 minutes. Remove the bean then rewarm the mixture before continuing.)

Lightly oil eight custard cups with a neutral-tasting oil.

Pour the warm Panna Cotta mixture over the gelatine and stir until the gelatine has completely dissolved.

Allow mixture to cool down before dividing out into your ramekins. Chill for a few hours (I chilled mine overnight).

Run a small thin palette knife around the edge of each Panna Cotta and unmold each onto a serving plate, and garnish as desired. Alternatively you could make the panna cottas in glasses and not worry about unmoulding.

To make Panna Cotta with sheet gelatine: Soften 25g of gelatine leaves in a litre of cold water for 5 to 10 minutes. Wring the sheets out and stir them into the warm Panna Cotta mixture in step # 4, until dissolved.



27 comments:

Souf. said...

Looks awesome, I'll definitely try this one out.

Cacti said...

I do believe I have to go shopping now.

Anonymous said...

Just made the Panna Cotta, it was exquisite! Thank you so much!

TheGamer said...

Nice post! and thanks!

Lewis Chan said...

it looks good

joker said...

shit looks good

add me back

QQ said...

looks fuckin delicious

John Valente said...

heh id try it out if my cooking skills weren't so miserable.

BLUERAD said...

thanks for the great recipe, I suggest changing your font color to make it a bit easier to read but other than that great job!

Anonymous College Student said...

Yummy.

Home Alone Stoned said...

if only i could cook :(

Earl said...

I love a good cake :D Keep it up.

MagerFromTha619 said...

I'mma try this, this weekend for sure.
Suck at baking/cooking, but I'll try it.

loloriz0r said...

Looks like a culinary orgasm..

:9

Survivor said...

whoa I love how that looks, i want one

Hiking Guide Book said...

Sounds great! Looking forward to it.

Claire J. said...

Put this directly into my mouth please. Drool. :P

Lovellama said...

Interesting indeed.

darkmanx said...

Cool recipe, would taste so good on a hot summer day.

Roman Brady said...

I am going to make this for desert tomorrow! Thanks for posting!! <3

lk clip said...

Nice recipe

Skutt Panda PO said...

is to black no see :P only strawberry :P

Michele said...

I love panna cotta :D

Tim said...

Awesome. You should add http://randomlooseends.blogspot.com/ to your network ... also, I think I know you IRL.

Strathlomond said...

Nice :)

ChaosReaper said...

Oh god that looks so good.. Thank you so much for the recipe!

xypex said...

It is going to be over 100 in my area this weekend, I will make one!